Lower Keys League of Women Voters
Non Partisan Policy
1. Elected Office. No member of the Board shall run for or hold, any elective office. Board members shall be considered candidates upon establishing campaign accounts.
2. Political Party Office. No member of the Board shall serve in any position in a political party.
3. Campaign Contributions. The President and Voter Service Chair may not attend fundraising events or make campaign contributions for candidates. Other board members may attend fundraising events and make campaign contributions for candidates at any level as individuals but never as representatives of the League.
4. Political Campaigns. No member of the Board shall chair or administer fundraising or political campaigns, chair a campaign event or work in a significant way in the campaign of a candidate for office at any level.
5. Additional Clarification. Board members shall present questions about specific situations to the Board where the foregoing policies do not resolve the question. This policy shall be reviewed and readopted by the Board at the beginning of each new biennium.
Adopted February 9, 2013