2020 Annual Meeting | Everything you need to know
Members and potential members are invited to attend the Annual Meeting of the Lower Keys Chapter of the League of Women Voters.
- When: 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m., Saturday, Feb. 22
- Where: Shanna Key Irish Pub & Grill, 1900 Flagler Ave., Key West | Limited lot and street parking
- Who may vote: Paid members
- Who may attend: Open to all members and potential members
- Cost: $20 per person paid at the door. Credit cards accepted; cash or check preferred
- Registration: Please RSVP via EventBrite or Facebook
The meeting agenda includes election of new board members, revisions to the chapter bylaws, a review of the chapter’s activities and plans for the future. Only paid members may vote during the meeting and potential members are always welcome. You may pay your dues at the door.
There is a $20 per person cover charge, which includes the breakfast buffet, non-alcoholic beverages, facilities use and gratuity. The charge applies even if one chooses not to eat breakfast. Please register via the free registration above; you will pay your coverage charge at the door the day of the meeting. Credit cards accepted; cash or check preferred.
If you want to print out the agenda and details for the meeting, here’s a PDF for you. The PDF will not be updated, so get the latest information below.
You can find details on the Annual Meeting, agenda, proposed slate of board members, proposed budget and proposed bylaws changes below:
- Call to Order
- Approval of Agenda
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Feb. 23, 2019, minutes
- Treasurer’s Financial Report as of Feb. 1, 2020
- Adoption of Fiscal Year 2020 Budget
- President’s Report on State of the Lower Keys League of Women Voters
- Report on Voter Services, registrations, Vote411 — Joy Taylor Brown, voter services chair
- Report on LWVFL – Mark Songer, state treasurer
- Report on legislation — Joan Wallin, board member emeritus
- Motion to approve: Proposed changes to League of Women Voters of the Lower Keys Bylaws
- Nomination Committee Report – Sue Sullivan
- Open Nominations to the Floor
- Election of Officers and Board of Directors
- Election of 2021 Nominating Committee
PROPOSED BYLAWS CHANGES
Article V – Officers
- 4. In the event of absence, disability, resignation or death of the President, the Board of Directors shall elect one of its elected members to fill the vacancy. The officers of The League shall be a President, a Secretary and a Treasurer.
- 4. In the event of absence, disability, resignation or death of a Board Officer, the Board of Directors shall select one of its elected members to fill the vacancy. In the event that no elected board member is available, the Board of Directors may consider a candidate from the active membership to fill the position until the next Annual Meeting.
Article VI – Meetings
- 4. At the Annual Meeting, a simple majority of those members present shall constitute a quorum.
- 4. At the Annual Meeting, 20-percent of the active members number as certified by the Membership Chair as of January 31 of the year of the meeting shall constitute a quorum.
Article VIII – Committees
- 3. The Communications Committee chair shall be appointed annually by the President from among the Directors and shall appoint committee members as necessary. The Communications Committee shall timely advertise League news and events in local media.
- 3. The Communications Committee chair shall be appointed annually by the President from among the Directors and shall appoint committee members as necessary. The Communications Committee shall in a timely manner advertise League news and events in local media.
NOMINATIONS COMMITTEE REPORT 2020
The 2019-2020 Nominations Committee, including Sue Sullivan, chair; Anne Barnett and Mary Ellen Beatie, present the following slates of officers, board members and 2020-2021 Nominations Committee to the Board of Directors and the Membership.
SLATE OF OFFICERS AND BOARD MEMBERS
Treasurer: Two-year term | Kathy Shackle
At Large: Two- year term | Anne Barnett
At Large: Two-year term | Dave Arnold
At Large: Two-year term | Joan Wallin
NOMINATING COMMITTEE | 2020-2021 | ONE-YEAR TERMS
Board member: Donna Windle
Member at large: Yvonne Phelan
Member at large: Kim Highsmith
YEAR-TO-DATE FINANCIAL REPORT
Lower Keys League of Women Voters
Fiscal Year April 1st, 2019 through March 31, 2020
YTD as of February 1, 2020
Checking Account Balance (First State Bank) $4,731.76
Paypal Balance 0
Petty Cash Balance $ 21.94 ($100 deposited on October 24, 2019)
YTD Income $ 3,810
Dues $ 2,640
Donations Susan B Anthony $ 360
Other Donations $ 210
Event Contribution/President $ 600
YTD Expenses $ 3,656.21
PMP $ 1,968.50
(per member fee to the State and National League)
Events $ 842.57
(2 charges, one was from previous fiscal year, one covered by donation)
Remaining $ 845.14
(marketing, Paypal fees, websites fees, license fee, printing, CPA, Corp. Filing)
Educational Account (maintained by the State League)*
YTD donations 0
YTD grants received $170
*This is a 501(c)(3) account funded by tax-deductible donations. We apply for grants from this fund when we want to use them. Grants may be used only for specific non-advocacy purposes.
PROPOSED 2020 FISCAL YEAR BUDGET
|Lower Keys LWV Proposed Budget FY 20-21 Budget|
|1||Annual Meeting donations||400|
|2||Susan B Anthony donations||400|
|3||Other member donations||115|
|4||Ed Funds Grants||182|
|6||Annual Meeting expense||300|
|7||Public Policy Events/5th Tue||1800|
|9||Bank & Paypal fees||63|
|10||PMP to State & Nat’l||2097|
|11||Po Box Fee||92|
|13||Licenses & Permits||65|