The League works through the American political process to shape public policy and promote effective government. We REGISTER voters, DEFEND voting rights, MONITOR government activities, TEACH citizens about their rights and responsibilities, and INFORM based on our...read more
Article I Name 1. The name of this organization shall be the Lower Keys League of Women Voters, hereafter referred to as the League. Article II Vision, Mission, and Policy 1. Vision: The Lower Keys League of Women Voters is dedicated to fostering an informed,...read more
Our board leaders
Former president and board member emeritus Joan Wallin, right: Marge Holtz, president.
The Board meets the monthly, at least nine times annually. Members are always welcome to attend and Board members welcome suggestions on issues and programs you would like us to pursue. Please contact Marge Holtz for information about our organization. Officers include:
- Marge Holtz, President
Sue Sullivan Secretary
Miriam Novotny, Treasurer
Caroline Horn, At-Large
Donna Windle, At-Large
Joy Brown-Taylor, At-Large
Committee Chairs include:
- Donna Windle, Membership Chair
Linda Grist Cunningham, Communications Chair
Joy Brown-Taylor, Voter Service Chair
Vision and Mission
The Lower Keys League of Women Voters is dedicated to fostering an informed, engaged electorate and to defending voters’ rights.
We adopted the Florida League of Women Voters mission statement:
“The Lower Keys League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.”
- Natural resources
- Government – Election Law
- Gun safety
- Health care
Our chapter priorities are aligned with the Florida state League of Women Voters. You can explore the detailed priorities here.
1. Elected Office. No member of the Board shall run for or hold, any elective office. Board members shall be considered candidates upon establishing campaign accounts.
2. Political Party Office. No member of the Board shall serve in any position in a political party.
3. Campaign Contributions. The President and Voter Service Chair may not attend fundraising events or make campaign contributions for candidates. Other board members may attend fundraising events and make campaign contributions for candidates at any level as individuals but never as representatives of the League.
4. Political Campaigns. No member of the Board shall chair or administer fundraising or political campaigns, chair a campaign event or work in a significant way in the campaign of a candidate for office at any level.
5. Additional Clarification. Board members shall present questions about specific situations to the Board where the foregoing policies do not resolve the question. This policy shall be reviewed and readopted by the Board at the beginning of each new biennium.
Adopted February 9, 2013